Thursday, June 7, 2012

Favorite books

I was thinking about this today, what were some of my books that I really enjoyed reading when I was growing up and there is a couple that I think about quite a bit. One being Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, I don't know how many times I've read that book and I loved every minute of it, about a sweet little pig named Wilbur who was the runt of the litter and was saved numerous times from being slaughtered by a spider named Charlotte, Charlotte wrote messages in her web like Some Pig, Terrific, radiant, and Humble, these messages persuaded the farmer not to kill Wilbur, and it made Wilbur famous. My favorite would have to be Templeton, a funny gluttonous, rat who was more than willing to help out for a price of food, he would go out and find the words for Charlotte to use. Oh the good ole memories, another book I was thinking about and can never seem to find any more is a book called Magic Elizabeth by Norma Kassirer, oh my gosh, I love this story, my grand mother had a copy of it at her house long time ago and I was immediately hooked. It's a story of a little girl named Sally who goes to visit her scary Aunt Sarah and cat named Shadow for the summer and is immediately drawn into a mystery when she sees a portrait of another little girl and her doll hanging on her aunt's wall. The mystery begins when she finds an old mirror up in the attic and starts seeing these images of the little girl who is also named Sally playing her doll, I won't go into it more that would ruin the mystery of the book, if you ever find it I highly recommend it for you or your child.

Magic Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment